Password Risks, why multi-factor authentication is a must. Stolen passwords are central to most breaches. Organized crime is financially motivated. Why use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
- Passwords alone are not enough.
- Password reuse is very common
- Compromised credential breach
- Credential stuffing attacks
- The primary goal of 70 percent of these sophisticated attacks in 2018 was to obtain user credentials according to Proofpoint research
- Mitigates identity theft
- Renders stolen credentials ineffective
Phishing and spam emails vastly outnumber legitimate emails.
- On average 70%-80% of all email is either spam or phishing attempts
- 1.1 million emails per month and only 230,000 are legitimate
- Employees are constantly bombarded with emails that ask them to enter their credentials
Read more about password maintenance.