- A service manager will manage the service team’s daily activities.
- Function as the client’s single point of contact for problem identification and resolution for issues that have been escalated by the team.
- Manage the dispatch process of service requests to ensure full utilization of resources.
- Improve usage of Support resources and increase the productivity of the team.
- Communicate with all parties in a constructive manner to guarantee client expectations are met.
- Maintain awareness of all outstanding client pre-and post-delivery issues and provide status to clients as necessary.
- Perform client follow-up to verify final resolution and determine satisfaction level.
- Interface with appropriate technical personnel for client problems that cannot be resolved effectively.
- Provide accurate reports and metrics to company management on the status and budget of ongoing projects and agreements.
- Understand overall service objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- Manage the development of the team by ensuring that daily tasks and activities are in line with their career interests.
- Assist the service team in design and development tasks.
- Contribute to the continuity of services by providing the necessary leadership.
- Drive problem investigations and resolution as required.
- Ensuring that risks are identified, communicated, and mitigated and that services and projects are delivered successfully through to production.
- Design and maintain process documentation for the service team.
- Manage the process of implementing change efficiently and effectively.
- Manage the remote monitoring and management system to ensure consistency and accurate reporting of client devices.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Escalate service issues to the CAM as required.
- Ensure consistency of existing systems through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing solutions.
- Communicate escalated issues to clients: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the client and how our service relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to clients’ needs.
- Involvement in the design and building of new services.
- Conduct performance evaluations and mentor those with less experience.
- Develop training programs to develop and refine the skills of the service team.
- Facilitate regular service team meetings and service board reviews.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Review and approve the service team’s time and expense sheets in ConnectWise.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review relevant publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future trends emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Knowledge and experience in cross-functional management methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of industry applications, processes, software, and equipment
- Strong organizational, presentation, and client service skills.
- Skill in strategic planning with an ability to think ahead and plan over a 6-12 month time span.
- Skill in planning and preparing written communications.
- Skill in leading people and getting results with a strong client orientation.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and client care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science, business administration or a related field.
- MBA/MS preferred but not required.
- 10 years of IT or related experience.
- 5 years of management experience.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, vision and dental benefits included.
- Performance-based incentives.
- Generous bonus levels.
- Full on-the-job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
Who We Are:
- Relationship-focused, team-centric, award-winning culture
- Reputation for service excellence
- Earn trust by always being above reproach and seeking the win/win in every situation
- Take what we do seriously, but not necessarily ourselves
- Located in Colorado Springs – close enough to the mountains to hike or ski and close enough to Denver to catch a game or a show on the weekends
- A small company comprised of people from a variety of traditions and backgrounds
- Focus on growing the company through diverse, talented, and well-rounded hires
- The desire to establish relationships with and serve clients, not just make money from them
- Personal interest in cybersecurity, compliance, risk, ethics, and their relationship to technology
- Each of us has outside interests, hobbies, and activities that form who we are
Who You Are:
- Driven to continually master your craft through ongoing learning and certifications
- Confident to bring fresh ideas and work cross-departmentally
- Problem solve without needing micromanagement
- The desire to establish relationships with teammates and clients
- Ready to work hard with a small company but also understand the balance needed in life
- Outside interests, hobbies, and activities – work isn’t everything
- Be okay with saying “I don’t know, I’ll ask”
- Know your own deficiencies and ask for help
- Personal interest in cybersecurity and technology
We offer a generous PTO allowance, medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan. If this sounds like you and a team you’d like to be a part of, please apply to our service manager position.
We expect to have this position filled within 30 days.